Published: 14/12/2023Embracing eco-friendly Christmas decoration ideas not only benefits the environment but can also help set your property in Raynes Park apart this festive season. Studies in the UK show that over 70% of millennials are ready to pay more for environmentally friendly properties!
Considering eco-friendly Christmas decoration ideas while selling your home can maintain a festive atmosphere without overwhelming potential buyers with seasonal faff! So, if you're seeking eco-friendly Christmas decoration ideas, here are four suggestions from the Ellisons team that you'll adore.
1. Create Dried Citrus Fruit DecorationsThis simple yet eco-friendly Christmas decoration idea involves crafting dried citrus fruit decorations from oranges and lemons. Simply slice the fruits into thin circles and bake them in the oven at a low temperature for approximately two to three hours. You can arrange these dried fruits as festive garlands around your home or use them to design your own baubles or table centrepiece. What's more, the best part is that these decorations will make your home look and smell like Christmas!
2. Choose a 'Living Christmas Tree'Choosing a living Christmas tree over a plastic one or a chopped down real one can bring a sense of nature to your festive celebrations. The aromatic pine scent of a living tree enhances the atmosphere, adding a sensory delight that plastic trees cannot replicate. The benefits of a living tree extend past the Christmas season too. Simply replant it in your garden or retain it in its pot for the following year. This sustainable approach minimises environmental harm and brings year-round charm to your surroundings. However, care should be taken to not keep the living tree indoors for more than one or two weeks before transitioning it outdoors to ensure healthy growth.
3. Craft a Recycled Paper WreathDuring the Christmas season, save any scrap paper you would normally discard, or recycle old Christmas cards and wrapping paper from past years and use as eco-friendly Christmas decoration ideas. All you need are:
- A pair of scissors
- A roll of Sellotape
- A cereal box or piece of cardboard
- Sheets of paper, gift wrap or other decorative paper
4. Use LED Lights When Decorating Your HomeUse LED lights on your Christmas tree and elsewhere around your home. LED lights are much more energy-efficient compared to traditional incandescent lights. They use up to 80% less energy and last up to 25 times longer. Not only do they provide bright, vibrant colours for your other eco-friendly Christmas decoration ideas, but they also contribute to significant energy savings, reducing your carbon footprint during the festive season.
Preparing for a Winter Sale?Contrary to popular belief, Christmas can be a fantastic time to sell your Raynes Park property. If you're getting ready for a winter sale, our expert team at Ellisons (Raynes Park estate agents) will be delighted to help. Call us today on 020 8944 9595, book a valuation, or email email@example.com to learn more.
You may also be interested to know how to prepare your house for viewings
Follow us on Facebook
View us on Instagram
Connect with us on X